Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Wikis

I have long been a fan of wikipedia, which usually seems to provide good information for secondary students. I have been looking at the library wikis and really like the book review ones like the Princeton public library one
http://booklovers.pbwiki.com/Princeton%20Public%20Library
That is a great way for people to discuss and recommend and get ideas as to what to read.
I know Anita is interested in getting one up and running for Yarra Plenty
I can see how they can be useful for instance if a group of people were collaborating on writing some document.
Also if one were created for an event like a conference.
Also for a group. For example my husband has a motor glider and a few hundred people round the world have similar ones. It would a great way for everyone to contribute information and edit contributions.

No comments: