Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Task 23. Reflections...

I am really glad that I started on this and thank Helene Blowers who set it up and Lynnette and Denise who found it and organised it for us. I started off feeling very negative as it has seemed to me that so much stuff posted in blogs and You Tube etc is garbage.
However I have been forced to learn so much that is really useful.
For me my Yahoo photo account will be wonderful and I can see the point of Library Thing.
What I really intend to do now is start a wiki probably calling it "Glenlyon growing native plants" There are lots of people in our area all trying to re-establish native vegetation and we could all learn from each other. If I set one up with a list of indigenous plants and a page on my experiences over 20 years, and put a note about it in the local newletter I am sure others will contribute and make corrections.
If I do an interesting overseas trip I think a public blog would be the way to go. You could give all your friends the address and just add new posts as you had a spare minute, and upload photos as you had the time.
I feel much more confident now about all these new things happening on the web, and yes, if there was another course I would do it!

No comments: